What does it mean to be customer-owned?
WAW is a customer-owned financial institution and follows the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (COBCOP) which outlines how we will deliver on our pledge to always put customers first. It has been developed in close consultation with the community, government and consumer groups and it puts your needs front and centre.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is how we will deliver on our pledge to always put you first. The Code contains 10 promises that outline how we will do this, which are listed below:
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our members
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise member rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice.
We exist to serve our customers, not simply to drive high profits for external shareholders.
Banking with WAW is ethical, sustainable, and socially beneficial. Banking with WAW means you will be put before profit. And banking with WAW means caring about our region.